This morning before work, Hailey disappeared into her room for quite sometime. What she was supposed to be doing was getting the step stool so I could fix her hair. When she didn't come right back it was the same old story of me yelling that she needed to hustle so we weren't late to Grandma's and to work. When Brandon went to see what she was up to, she was sitting at her table trying to make a sign to hang on her door. When I asked her what it was supposed to say, she said, "Do not crawl or play in my room." This was directed to her 10 1/2 month old little sister Kennedy. I thought it was so funny so I didn't tell her that Kennedy wouldn't be able to read it, therefore obey it!
I have the priviledge of teaching Hailey's church class and today one of her little friends was trying to move her chair when it tipped over. I heard the girl say something but couldn't make it out. The next thing I know Hailey says, "Mom, Riley said a bad word". I proceed to tell her that I don't think she did when she protests, "Yeah, she did...you know, the one that you say!" Thank heavens that she didn't say "the word" ($hit) because it has slipped out of her mouth a time or two. Needless to say, we're trying to keep the language clean around our house!
0 comments:
Post a Comment