So I went back to my roots the first of the year and bought a road bike. I use to bike race BMX bikes when I was little so I knew I had it in me. My brother in law was always out riding and wanted someone to ride with so I pulled the trigger and had no idea what I would be getting myself into. Well this last Saturday I found out. I signed up for the Tour de St. George for my first race/tour of the year. I loved it. It was challenging but I did it. Sure there were times during some of the climbs that I just wanted to stop and say bag it but I dug down deep and continued on. (thanks biggins for getting me up those climbs) I just did the 30 miler with Ben Peay, well 31.88 miles according to the Garmin. I totally give props to my Brother in law who road the 75 miler. I finished in 2:24:17 and crossed the finish line with a bunch of cheerleaders there welcoming us back home from the butt kicking we just received.
I am hooked and can't wait to do more. Next stop the Salt Lake Marathon bike tour. Thanks for all the support and encouragement.
Monday, March 29, 2010
I DID IT!!!
Posted by McKinney's at 7:14 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Way to go Brandon. I admire you and ALL the effort. Man, you've got some skinny legs, no fair.
WHOOO HOOO!!! You're the man!! Way to go!! That is seriously impressive!! Proud of ya!
PS my two littlest girls girlies have the same grey dresses as your cute girlies!!!
You are AWWWWSOOOME! Love the pics!
Post a Comment