Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Future American Idol Contestant

This morning's commute to work was just like any other. Everyone is rushing to get in the car and as soon as we pull out of the driveway Hailey immediately asks "Mom, I want music" and to that my typical answer is, "when we get to the freeway, we'll turn on your music" which she then proceeds to ask the same question a dozen more times until we actually get to the freeway. "Her music" consists of the Enchanted soundtrack, Beauty and the Beast soundtrack, any Disney princess songs, Lilo and Stitch soundtrack...you get the picture. We've tried to set a rule that she can only listen to her music while we are on the freeway which ends up being only about 15 of 30 minute drive. If not, listening to "her music" both to and from work just about drives us to drink! We are lucky enough that on occasion she will take a liking to some of the music that Brandon and I enjoy listening to, for example, "Snoop Doggin" (Snoop Dog - only edited of course ;-), "Carrie" (Carrie Underwood), "The Pants Song" (Low by Flo Rida), "The Jesus Song" (no, not a nice church song, she is referring to "Red Dirt Road" by Brooks & Dunn where somewhere in the chorus they sing "it's where I found Jesus") and Fergie to name a few of her favs. So when she does decide that she wants to listen to one of "our" songs, we welcome the break from the typical princess music! This morning Brandon captured this video with his cell phone in the car on our way to drop the girls off at Grandma's house. We laughed so hard listening to her belt out the words to Fergie's "Big Girls Don't Cry"...and to her credit, she even got most of the words right!


4 comments:

renee' said...

Wow,impressive!!! She's an amazing singer and artist. I finally got around to looking at blogs. I'm glad I came across yours and got see you two the other day at the mall. Maybe I'll see you there again in a few months. :) Tell Alyce Jayne "hi" from me, I miss seeing her and chatting.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I've been horrible about blogging lately and I can't believe I am just now seeing this. That was awesome!! She is a star!! We are dying to see the girls in person- they are soooooo freakin adorable!!

Heather said...

I love it! I am going crazy because I can't make the movie play & I WANT to see it! I will have to check back later.

Carrie said...

Hailey is adorable! It must be the name, right? ;) She is quite the singer...the next broadway star perhaps? Thanks for coming on Saturday, it was SO fun to see you guys and your sweet girls!